By contributor: Agnirupa
Hello my makeupholics….
Yes, I am back and yeah you get to see another gorgeous nude lipstick which has been my latest summer obsession. I have been shying away from dark colors too much nowadays! Today’s star is kinda special..’coz it’s a lot indianised. It was launched for the first time with the mickey contractor collection long back along with the very cult *mehr* and it kind of slipped to the background in face of other more hyped shades! However it has received a lot of acclaim abroad and was thus made permanent by MAC. Presenting today’s review MAC Matte Lipstick : Yash
What MAC Says
MAC describes Yash as a *Deep Neutral* in matte finish *now made permanent*
Price- 1190/- INR for 3 gm
Swatches, LOTD & my take on the product
Being from permanent range Yash comes in the standard black and matte silver classy MAC lipstick tube packaging with a tight click cap which makes carrying it around very convenient.
The texture, even though matte is not really drying like say, ruby woo and instead is quite soft and smooth in texture, applying nicely on lips. But as with lighter matte shades, this too has a large tendency of accentuating the flaws of lips , so exfoliating and hydrating the lips prior to application is a must.
The shade Yash maybe scary in pictures *I was at least very put off :P* but when I applied it on myself I found a perfect neutral peachy nude <3 which evens out my lip color without washing ot out 😀 I can wear it anywhere and everywhere and with a pop of pale/clear gloss on top, it is definitely an unlikely show-stealer 😉
The pigmentation is great and a light swipe is quite enough for the desired color! Lasting power of MAC mattes, needless to say, is a star attraction and in spite of being such a nude-y peachy shade, yash holds its ground for a cool 4-5 hours! It does not dry out lips after wearing off
In the swatches below, You can see me wearing the lipstick alone & topped with a clear gloss.
- Familiar, convenient black and silver MAC packaging <3
- Soft and smooth matte lipstick, applies easily on lips
- The shade Yash is a lovely neutral peachy nude which looks oh so perfect teamed up with a pink liner beneath or a clear gloss on top!
- Great pigmentation and requires just a swipe.
- Lasting power is very well indeed and easily persists for 4-5 hours.
- Does not dry out lips
- Yummy Vanilla fragrance
Emphasizes lip flaws very much
May fall a bit flat on lips or wash out complexions if not worn with a complementary gloss/pencil.
My rating- 4/5!
Do I recommend?
I keep on recommending one nude lipstickafter another no 😛 and omg MAC offers so many amazing nudes which simply work on so many different planes! They are of different finishes, different undertones amd till now I have loved most of them barring their overhyped *velvet teddy*. I loovvee Yash and have been wearing it everyday since I got it <3 its lovely, neutral peach and can be worn in so many different combos to give you perfect nude polished lips! Enjoy.
Makeupholic World: Awesome review Agni. I can’t carry this shade…I liked it on you…I feel that its more beautiful on fair skin tones like yours… 🙂
- MAC Lipstick – Modesty
- MAC Lipstick – Flat Out Fabulous
- MAC Lipstick – Hug Me
- MAC Divine Nights Collection
- MAC Lipstick – Riri Woo
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick – Glamour Era
- MAC Styleseeker Mattene Lipstick – Eden Rouge
- MAC Lipstick – Rebel
- MAC Lipstick – All Fired Up
- MAC Lipstick – Prepare For Pleasure
- Swatches & Review of 14 MAC lipsticks
- MAC Lipstick – Viva Glam Rihanna
- MAC Lipstick – Impassioned
- MAC Lipstick – Chilli
- MAC Lipstick – Heavenly Hybrid
- MAC Lipstick – Pleasure Bomb
- MAC Lipstick – Girl About Town
- MAC Lipstick – Dangerous
- MAC Lipstick – Please Me
- MAC Lipstick – Brick-O-La
- MAC Lipstick – Kinda Sexy
- MAC Lipstick – Spirit
- MAC Huggable Lipcolors- Red Necessity, Commotion, Feeling Amorous
- MAC Tinted Lipglass – Viva Glam 1
- MAC Lipstick – Up the Amp
- MAC Lipstick – Sea Sheer