This is probably one of the most asked questions ever by my readers. What is Musk Turmeric and how is it different from other turmeric variants. In today’s post I am covering this topic in detail.
What is White Wild Turmeric Powder and how to identify the real Kasturi Manjal
This original white wild turmeric powder/Kasturi Turmeric/Musk Turmeric or Curcuma Aromatica is extremely rare and is handpicked from organic farms of Western Ghats of Kerala, shade-dried and finely milled to perfection. It has a cream/ivory color and it gives an instant cooling sensation from first use itself. It causes no burning sensation and gives a cooling effect to skin.
Market is flooded with several kinds of Kasturi Manjal. I am going to tell you few identifiers that will help you out in identifying what is real and what is fake. Real Kasturi Manjal is cream to tan color, where as in the market you find slight yellow to dark yellow powder termed as Kasturi Turmeric. It is never used for cooking as it has potent aroma, bitter and astringent qualities. That is also the reason its called (Curcuma Aromatica).
Shesha Ayurveda Kasturi Manjal / Musk Turmeric
White wild turmeric powder/Kasturi turmeric/musk turmeric /Vana Haridra (वनहरिद्रा) is an extremely rare variant of wild turmeric powder and is handpicked from organic farms of Western Ghats of Kerala, shade-dried and finely milled to perfection.
Understanding Musk Turmeric/Kasturi Manjal
How to identify real Kasturi Manjal (White Wild Turmeric Powder) / Musk Turmeric
- It has a cream/light brown color and it gives an instant cooling sensation from first use itself.
- It’s scientific name is curcuma aromatica
- It’s NOT THE SAME AS poolankilangu / mango turmeric or white turmeric or amba haldi or curcuma zedoaria
- Has a faint camphor smell and strong musk aroma to it.
- It causes no burning sensation and gives a cooling effect to skin.
This doesn’t leave any stain unlike the yellow variant and has a natural musk and camphor smell to it.
- The main difference between white kasturi manjal from other variety of kasturi turmeric/ manjal is it does not stain the skin like the regular turmeric, and is very fragrant than the normal turmeric
- Helps to reduce acne, blemishes, pigmentation, stretch marks etc. with regular use.
- Use it alone as a face pack regularly for a healthy and naturally glowing complexion.
- Can be used for all skin types even for sensitive, dry and combination skin
INGREDIENTS: Organic Kasturi Manjal (Curcuma Aromatica)
Contains No Preservatives, fillers etc and so it is very important that it’s stored in a dry place and should not get water contact
How to use Shesha Ayurveda Kasturi Manjal
My favorite way to use musk turmeric is by mixing it with water and using as a face pack including my under eye area. I like the cooling sensation it gives after application. No burning sensation at all. And, once dried, I wash it off. I see a drastic difference in the way my skin looks as well as I noticed it quickly fades acne scars and other spots on face. Regular use of this miracle face pack is helping me keep my skin healthy and clear. I also see that in about 3 months time, my facial hair have reduced to an extend. I totally love that it doesn’t accentuate dryness. It’s hydrating on my face and it gives a natural glow on my skin. I like to us it 3-4 times a week.
Buy original Kasturi Manjal( Curcuma Aromatica) Wild Turmeric/ Musk Turmeric: