By contributor : Agnirupa
Hi lovely ladies out there…So, here I am yet again with a patent lipstick review of course from MAC to jazz up your hot horrible summery days . Summer is killing me, literally! My hair and skin this year are a lot drier now than they were in winter. I have to apply lotions twice a day to keep my skin alive and that’s right let my lips drink up the hydration of MAC’s Amplified creme range . I am reviewing MAC Up The Amp
What MAC Says
MAC describes Up The Amp as a Lavender Violet in Amplified Creme finish *permanent range*
Swatches, More Pictures & LOTDs
My Take on the product
The lipstick being from the permanent range comes in our all too familiar MAC packaging of matte black and silver with a tight click cap which is easy to carry around.
The texture is lovely, creamy and smooth and justifies the name of amplified creme. It glides on very smoothly and evenly on lips and does not emphasize dry patches or fine lines. Not exactly hydrating but definitely not drying.
The color of this particular violet from MAC is really very unusual and I found nothing more apt to describe it than what MAC says- Lavender violet it is with a slight pink undertone! Not many ladies would like it or can carry it off but the rare few who are willing to experiment I say, go for it 😀 it has a niche of its own.
The pigmentation as is usual for this range is simply great and it applies opaque in a couple of swipes, delivering full impact color.
The staying power is great as well and lasts on my lips pretty much well over 5-6 hours and then fades gracefully.
- Classic black and silver MAC packaging
- Smooth, creamy, lovely smooth texture, applies evenly.
- Does not dry out lips.
- Does not emphasize fine lines/dry patches
- Lasts for 5-6 hours easily
- Great pigmentation!
- Yummy vanilla fragrance <3
- Certainly a bit of an unusual shade which maybe a bit difficult for darker/olive tones to carry off.
My rating- 3.5/5.
Do I recommend?
For this particular MAC shade I would not recommend you just like that, please do check it on yourself under different lights of the mall once you test it out at the store before buying!but that certainly does not mean you should be afraid of giving it a go . Fair skinned pink toned girls opt for it instead of shying away from violets! 😀
Makeupholic World : You rock every lipstick shade Agni 🙂 great review
- MAC Lipstick – Modesty
- MAC Lipstick – Flat Out Fabulous
- MAC Lipstick – Hug Me
- MAC Divine Nights Collection
- MAC Lipstick – Riri Woo
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick – Glamour Era
- MAC Styleseeker Mattene Lipstick – Eden Rouge
- MAC Lipstick – Rebel
- MAC Lipstick – All Fired Up
- MAC Lipstick – Prepare For Pleasure
- Swatches & Review of 14 MAC lipsticks
- MAC Lipstick – Viva Glam Rihanna
- MAC Lipstick – Impassioned
- MAC Lipstick – Chilli
- MAC Lipstick – Heavenly Hybrid
- MAC Lipstick – Pleasure Bomb
- MAC Lipstick – Girl About Town
- MAC Lipstick – Dangerous
- MAC Lipstick – Please Me
- MAC Lipstick – Brick-O-La
- MAC Lipstick – Kinda Sexy
- MAC Lipstick – Spirit
- MAC Huggable Lipcolors- Red Necessity, Commotion, Feeling Amorous
- MAC Tinted Lipglass – Viva Glam 1
though i love the shade in the bullet, dont like it much on the lips. wont suit me 🙁
same here..I feel that it will not suit me…but, nidhi being a snow white urself…y dnt u give this a try..i am sure u will look gorgeous in this 🙂
snow white 😛 no renjo
this wud look pale on me.. nhi ?
no…next time when we go to store…you should try this on….Let’s see… 🙂
This color suits women of a dark variety . Your disclaimer was wrong.
Hi Brittany, Thanks for your comment. As you can see from the heading. This post is submitted by one of our guest writer. Everyone have different skintypes and the author was just telling her view point. It may or maynot be the same for all. Myself – The founder of this blog – I am Tan and I really love this color on my skin type.