Hi dearies. Today’s post is kind of different. While sharing my cooking experiments in instagram, A lot of you were actually asking me to do a post about it. It was in my mind. But somehow, I never really thought of doing it as a blog post. I was initially trying to add a subdomain to my existing blog. But, For some technical reason, it was not getting loaded properly. Blame wordpress and host gator for it. Well, eventually, I would be moving all food related posts to a subdomain of this main blog..Till then, you can find all my food related posts from the tab “FOOD” in the main menu of the home page.
Let me start with one of my favorite dish ever. It’s super easy to make it. and can be served with Rice or Appam (A South Indian Breakfast dish). This is how it looks. Looks yum, isn’t it?
Main Ingredient Chicken
Type of dish Asian
Course Main course
Cooking time <30 min
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces(You can use chicken with bones as well. I prefer with bone as I don’t like boneless one, its upto you )
- 1 tbl spoon of cooking oil (I used canola oil)
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced + 5 cumin seeds(cumin seeds adds to the flavor, completely optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic+ginger
- 2-3 tbl spoon of green curry paste(I used Gregg’s Spice of Life)
- 1 sliced carrot (small pieces)
- 150 g halved green beans(optional)
- Broccoli 1 cup (About 7-8 heads)
- 10 black pepper seeds(optional)
- 1 tbl spoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 a teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tbl spoon brown sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3-4 bay leaves/basil leaves
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper,1⁄2 green bell pepper, 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper (Any 1 or 2, again, upto you)
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves, for garnishing
Heat canola oil in a pan, Add green curry paste and cook by stirring continuously, After about 2-3 min, Add carrots, onion, crushed garlic+ginger and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, (take about 10 minutes). Add sliced meat, Add soy sauce + white pepper powder and stir well. Keep it closed and cook for another 5- minutes. Add sliced carrot, brocolli’s and cook for another 5 minutes. . Add coconut milk and 2 tbl spoons of brown sugar, add black pepper seeds and bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook by stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through. Before serving, garnish with bay leaves/ basil & cilantro
Trust me, it’s so yummmm :)Enjoy cooking!